Change your browser!

Saturday 15 January 2011

I’m fooking hyped!

If you’re reading this, and I hope to Sasc Nasrigas that you are, it means I have successfully purchased two tickets for the upcoming fixture: Arsenal Football Club Vs Wolverhampton Wanderers. As many of you may realise I live in Wolverhampton, have done all my life, probably always will. So when it comes to football, my two clubs are Wolves and Arsenal, Arsenal because my Uncle lent me loads of VHS’ of old times and new ones, and then brought me hundreds of DVD’s afterwards, which convinced me to support Arsenal (bit of a glory-hunter move) and Wolves because my Dad said “Your (other) Uncle’s pissed off to Saudi Arabia with the Navy, fancy coming to the Play-Off Final?” Being 8 at the time, I legally could move teams or hold a dual-supportership of clubs. So throughout the years I’ve supported both, which was very easy because they never played each other, until 2009. Whilst I kicked the chair in anger because Lukasz “STAY IN FUCKING GOAL YOU POLISH FANNY TWAT!” Flappianski let Drogba through, my Dad got hammered watching Wolves rise to the promise land, and unlike 2003/04 where Arsenal were magnificent and Wolves were lovable because they beat Man Utd (I was there!), 2009 was different, Arsenal were frustrating and Wolves were still lovable because they beat Tottenham, twice.

However, like the man I am, I supported both still and forever more, and I am going to dwell on this fixture, by listing the times I have actually seen this fixture live in the flesh (or not)!

2003: Boxing Day: Arsenal 3-0 Wolves
I remember this game well, for months upon months I’d said “I’d love to go to this on Boxing Day” and my Mum said “No!”. Little did I know, my Dad, my Uncle and my Aunt devised a plan to make it the best Christmas present ever! Me and my Uncle sat in the East Upper, below us were my Dad and Aunt, who sat with the Wolves fans. Because it was 8 years ago, I have no memory of the game, however, I’m sure I enjoyed it and that it made me never chuck Christmas Cards on the floor when they seemed moneyless again.

2004: Wolves 1-3 Arsenal
Like 2003, I don’t remember too much about the game, however, I do remember sitting in the Wolves end with my season ticket. I had to apologise to all my Arsenal memorabilia because of some of the abuse I shouted during the game.

2005: The FA Cup Game I never went to: Arsenal 2-0 Wolves
One day I returned home, after recording the 5th Round Draw for the FA Cup, my Mum was smirking, so I ran upstairs watched the draw and who else came out the bag but Arsenal and Wolves, immediately, my Dad got tickets, in the Clock End with the away supporters, all geared up, there was one problem, the flu. on the Thursday before the game I was struck down with illness, anyone who listens to “Its Up For Grabs Now” will get this term, I had what the podcast doctors call the Dovers, except the nasty part, I basically was in a very hallucinogenic state for a few days and unfortunately, I did not go to London to see Arsenal win 2-0. However, me and my Uncle did go down to Cardiff to see us win the FA Cup.

2009: Wolves 1-4 Arsenal
After a 5 year hiatus, Wolves finally got promoted, and in my attempt to beat DJ Tayo Popoola (only joking T) in away game appearances, I got to see Arsenal once more. Luckily, my Dad knows people who own an Executive Box at the Molineux, and I am straight in for the Arsenal game. Arsenal embarrassed Wolves in this game (as the scoreline shows), the one remark I remember was my Dad saying “Bloody Hell, they’re small! Who’s that one there Rob?”, “…that’s the mascot Dad.”, “No, he’s got 23”, “That’s Arshavin”.

2010: Wolves 0-2 Arsenal
In probably the closest game between the two, Arsenal again beat Wolves, I actually think this is one of the best games of the season, I just got in the box to see the first goal, and I would’ve have won £660 if Wolves had got one as I had a tenner on Chamakh 2-1 Arsenal.

2011: Arsenal Vs Wolves
So, this time, I’m going with my Uncle, Clock End Upper, I again think it will be tight, Wolves are playing well against the top teams, well, the result, we’ll see.

No comments:

Post a Comment